Washington is the perfect state for anyone who is planning to enjoy their holidays doing a lot of adventure sports or just want to relax in the lap of nature. This northwestern state in the USA is flocked by millions of tourists every year because of its myriad of attractions spread across the whole state. From beautiful snow peaked mountains to turquoise blue lakes, you can experience all of that in Washington. So, if you are planning a weekend getaway, then here are the top places you should visit here.
- Olympic National Park – one of the top three national parks in this state, the Olympic National Park is the ground of temperate Hoh Rainforest. You can also find the Olympic Mountains and the Olympic Hot Springs in this area. This is an UNESCO World Heritage site and is best known for its unique biosphere and rich flora and fauna.
- Tacoma – a great city to be in when you are in Washington is Tacoma. It is a heaven for art lovers who love to visit art galleries and museums. The city has innumerable museums situated all over it and some of them are the Museum of Glass, the Chihuly Bridge of Glass, the Tacoma Art Museum and the Washington State History Museum. You can also take your children to the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium.
- San Juan Islands – a beautiful & unique archipelago that comprises four main islands and several tiny ones, the San Juan islands offers gorgeous views and the ability to experience nature in its truest form. You can access the islands using ferry systems. Moran State Park on Orcas Island and Friday Harbor are some really interesting places to visit. Also, if you want to watch whales in their natural habitat, then Juan Islands is the best place to take a look at them.
- Coulee Corridor – a great architectural landmark, the Coulee Corridor is a scenic byway that is situated in the desert region of the Washington state. The famous Grand Coulee Dam which is the “largest hydropower dam” in the USA is situated here. You can also visit the Columbia National Wildlife Refuge to check out some wonderful animals and natural beauty in Coulee.
- Mount Rainier National Park – for all adventure sports lovers, Mount Rainier is one of the best places you can visit to experience some excitement. It is the highest peak in the Northwest area of the continent and stands tall at 14410 feet or 4392 meters. You can choose to participate in hiking and biking programs organized here. In the winter seasons, tourists flock here to enjoy skiing and snowboarding.
- Washington State Capitol – the capitol building is one of the most visited and acclaimed monuments in the country. Situated in Olympia, it is a sight to witness. This architectural masterpiece is spread across a huge sector of land and it costs $7 to get an entry ticket. You can get hold of a paid guide and check out the history of this place.
- Leavenworth – want to experience the culture, tradition and the beauty of Germany in Washington? Then you have to drive your car to Leavenworth. This cute and small town is completely designed and decorated in Bavarian style of architecture. Leavenworth is surrounded by lush greenery and all sizes of beautiful lakes which makes it one of the best weekend getaways in Washington for nature lovers. You should not miss visiting this amazing place during the Nutcracker Museum and the Christmas Lighting Festival.
So, here are the top places you can visit in Washington & make your holidays memorable for the rest of your life.