There are plenty of preparation strategies and tips while preparing for the SSC CGL Exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission. However make sure that you follow the basic tips which are easy to follow and are the most effective tips which can help you sail through the difficult SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination.
The commission through its very latest notice announced the revised schedule of 2020 SSC CGL Tier I Exam which was postponed due to the prevailing condition of COVID-19 pandemic. As per the new dates announced the CGL exam is now scheduled from August 13th to August 24th, 2021. Having said that, candidates appearing for CGL exam can expect the SSC Admit Card for the examination by July end because the commission releases admit cards 12 to 15 days before the scheduled date.
To crack CGL Exam, aspirants require a well-devised strategy. Aspirants should be accelerating their study mode as the exam dates are approaching. Hence, we are providing a few easy and workable strategies tips that aim at helping aspirants devise a well-planned preparation strategy for the upcoming CGL exam.
Tips for Combined Graduate Level Exam
- Prepare Yourself – Before trying to understand how to start preparing for the exam, first prepare yourself for the journey. Get prepared mentally and physically for the examination, Set goals and devote time effectively.
- Skimm through the Syllabus – Knowing the syllabus is the foremost thing to do before you go through the books. The syllabus is the soul of any exam. The SSC provides the detailed syllabus for all the Tiers of the Combined Graduate Level examination in an elaborate manner. Understand and follow the syllabus, it will help you to choose relevant study materials, prioritize the subjects, etc.
- Chart out a time table – Analyse how you would devote time for studies and chart a plan. For candidates preparing for competitive exams it is necessary to have a well-organized daily routine. Set a comfortable timetable before your preparation and stick to it. Making a timetable will ease your preparation and make it more streamlined. With deadlines, you would work better and complete the syllabus faster.
- Follow NCERTs – The NCERT textbooks play a very significant role in any competitive exam preparation. NCERT provides the information very coherently and aspirants can get basic concepts and theories easily. Moreover, they are reliable too as the source is the government itself. Apart from the NCERTs, you should also follow a few other advanced textbooks.
- Daily habit of reading Newspaper and magazines – The newspapers are an important aspect of the CGL exam preparation. If candidates do not read the daily newspaper or follow the daily news for their exams, they cannot hope to clear the SSC Combined Graduate Level exam. The questions asked in the exam are directly or indirectly connected with current affairs. Hence, it is very important to follow the relevant news items in your daily newspaper. Magazines like Yojana, Kurukshetra, Manorama yearbook, Economic & Political Weekly, etc. are very important for exams.
- Notes Making – creating hand written notes during exam preparation is extremely helpful. Since the syllabus of CGL exam is very vast, it helps to keep track of the portions covered and also serves as a ready-reckoner for revision. Candidates can have separate files or notebooks for separate subjects. Also while doing revision you can add important points if needed that were missed out during preparation.
- Solving Previous year Question paper and Mocks – Previous question papers are the most reliable sources to understand the CGL paper Pattern, difficulty level and question type. It helps to judge the trends in the UPSC exam paper easily. You will also be able to understand which areas are the most important in a particular subject. Self-assessment is an essential part of any exam preparation. Question papers from previous years as well as mock tests series are a good source of self-assessment in your exam preparation. Mock tests help in realizing and learning from mistakes, shaping what approach the candidate needs to follow in continuing the preparation and identifying strengths and weaknesses.
- Revision – Revision is very important when you are facing an exam as tough as theSSC CGL. Since the syllabus of CGL examination is vast and diverse, covering multifarious subjects, it is natural to forget things that you had studied earlier. To avoid this, timely revision is a must.
The most important aspect of the entire SSC CGL exam preparation is to stay positive. There are times when it can get quite overwhelming and you will feel depressed. Remove negative thoughts from your head and work on.